Online Safety Tips
Always use caution when providing your information online. Remember, the University of Connecticut will not ask for personal passwords via email/telephone. If something sounds too good to be true, it most likely is! Some additional safety tips include:
- Do not reply to email or pop-up messages that ask for passphrases, personal, or financial information, and do NOT click on links in such messages.
- Use updated anti-virus software, anti-spyware software, and enable a firewall.
- Avoid emailing passwords, personal information, or financial information.
- Be cautious about opening any attachments or downloading any files from emails you receive, regardless if you know the sender.
- Do not share passwords or identifying information with friends or classmates.