Becoming a Police Officer for any agency takes time. In order to find the best candidates for open vacancies, applicants must first meet the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 21 years old at time of appointment
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Have a valid driver’s license from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (upon hiring)
- Have no Class A or Class B misdemeanor convictions or any act of perjury or false statement
- Have no felony convictions
- Meet or exceed the Cooper Institute 40% Physical Performance Standard in the four basic tests of the pre-employment process.