Clery Act Requirements
The requirements fall into three categories based on the configuration of an institution. The University of Connecticut is mandated to:
- Collect, classify, and count crime reports and statistics related to crime.
- Issue timely warnings and campus alerts for Clery crimes that represent an ongoing threat to the safety of students or employees, or emergency notifications upon confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of students or employees.
- Publish an annual security report containing safety and security-related policy statements and crime statistics and distribute it to all current students and employees. We must also inform prospective students and employees about the availability of the report.
- Submit crime statistics to the US Department of Education each fall via a web-based data collection.
- Maintain a daily crime log of alleged criminal incidents which is open to public inspection.
- Disclose missing student notification procedures that pertain to students residing in on-campus student housing facilities.
Disclose fire safety information related to on-campus student housing facilities. This includes a fire log that is open to public inspection and publishing an annual safety report containing policy statements, as well as fire statistics associated with each on-campus housing facility.